Study Abroad Eligibility and Requirements
- Marywood University requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Some programs may require a GPA of 2.75 to 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. It is at the discretion of the partner institution to deviate from the requirements and any appeals must be made first through the Associate Director for the Office of International Affairs and then the respective partnering institution.
- Students on academic and/or disciplinary probation may not participate in any MU study abroad programs.
- Student must attain grades equivalent to at least a C to transfer credit back to Marywood University.
- Students must be equal to or greater than a sophomore in the spring semester to study abroad.
- Any requests for exceptions must be made to the Associate Director for International Affairs.
Passport - Important Notice
- Passport expiration date MUST be at least six (6) months after the date of your return trip to the United States.
Online Application and Completion of Forms
- Students are required to Create an Account on the Marywood
University Study Abroad website: www.marywood.edu/studyabroad.
- Application and Disciplinary
Approval forms must be completed to be considered for approval for study
- Students must ask the Registrar’s Office to forward a copy of
their current transcript to the International Affairs Office..
- Upon approval, the student must complete all required Enrollment forms including:
- Transfer of Credit
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Travel Itinerary
- Student Account
- An Intent to Study Abroad
form must be completed with the Associate Director for International
Affairs and submitted to the Financial Aid Office if student plans to use their
financial aid funding for study abroad
ALL STUDY ABROAD STUDENTS
MUST PARTICIPATE IN ALL PRE-DEPARTURE MEETINGS CONDUCTED DURING THE SEMESTER
PRIOR TO STUDY ABROAD